28 December 2006

Eddy boddy hab a keenex?

Daycare drawback #12: colds. Nasty, never-in-your-life have you felt this crappy colds.

Well... to tell the truth, I'm not sure my son gave me this one. It could have been the several family members and friends we visited over the past holiday week, or the multitude of people out and about with last minute holiday shopping. Son has been bringing colds home, but he really was mostly over this one over a week ago. And this one just hit me Tuesday night.

At least I made it through the holiday.

I'll take one more day of this, then I'll start to get paranoid about flu or something else. Wife got strep throat this summer - again NOT from day care, but most likely from the public arena of her job. My throat's not bad. Yet.

I'm usually a pretty healthy guy. Or I was until daycare. Even if my son didn't bring this one home directly, I think my immune system's been compromised fighting off everything else these past two years. Wife would get sick every fall/winter, right around Christmas. I would usually avoid it. But not the recent years.

So I'm refamiliarizing myself with herbal tea (lemon ginger's all I got - not sure it's working) and cough drops. I recommend Hall's menthol, though I kinda liked Ricola Original today. But now my tongue is numb and I can't taste anything.

Maybe I'll loose some weight. I had intended to start working out again this week... but maybe lack of intake will have some effect instead.

Wishing you a cold-free New Year!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?