07 February 2007

Sure it's cold...

...but why exactly did the daycare close?

I can see closing schools. You don't want the kids walking to school or standing at the bus stop in -10 degree weather. Too many kids don't have the right winter equipment for that.

But no one is sending their 2 year old to walk alone to day care.

I think they just took advantage. Everyone else closed, so they might as well, too. Of course, I had to work. So the little one got to watch TV pretty much all day while I worked and felt like a horrible parent. To compound the problem, he was sick last week and stayed home two days, so I had already used up some sick time to tend to him then.

Today, now that we're above zero, everything's open again. And I'm playing a bit of catch up at work.

Oh - and cleaning up the exploded pop can from the garage. Oops! I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to do that, but I at least swept the icy pop explosion debris from the floor around the door.

Winter in Wisconsin is fun!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?