13 October 2008

Buy! Sell! Stay the course!

Wall Street soars as government pledges bank aid: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

What the hell am I supposed to do? My retirement account is down thousands, but we're supposed to stay the course because they are long term investments that will surely rise back up by the time I retire in 30 or 40 years. Early last week, I was looking at stock prices thinking that if I had a couple of thousand dollars, I should really grab some Google or Apple or something else while the price is down this low. But then they went lower.

Now today, the dow has risen about 400 points. So I could have already made money... but then I'm worried about not just this week but what about this next year? They say it could be a couple of years before we're back to pre-crash levels of production and a solid economy.

I regret not finding money to invest in the 90s. Now that I have a little money, I'm letting the brokers handle everything according to what they know as experts. But aren't they the guys who got us into this mess?

I don't want to be regretting doing nothing 5 or 10 years from now. But my resources are still limited, so $1000 or $2000 really means a lot to my here-and-now. I guess that's my answer. It's not like I'm sitting on a stockpile to invest. Let the market settle and maybe save a little and in the next few months reassess.

I just want my get-rich-quick scheme like everyone else got in 1995 (and then half of them lost in 2000/2001).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?